- health service providers
- businesses trading in personal information
- a contractor providing services under a Commonwealth contract
- a reporting entity for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML/CTF Act)
- an operator of a residential tenancy database
- a credit reporting body
- employee associations registered or recognised under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
- businesses that conduct protection action ballots
- businesses that are related to a business that is covered by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
- businesses prescribed by the Privacy Regulation 2013
- businesses that have opted into be covered by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
To check whether you need to comply, you can complete the privacy checklist for small business found on the OAIC website, just click here.
Was this article helpful?
We appreciate your feedback – your submission has been successfully received.