Practice LeaderContact James
- Data and Privacy
James is a Practice Leader who heads LegalVision’s employment team.
Prior to joining LegalVision, James spent almost ten years working in private practice across employment and work health safety.
He advises across all areas of employment including employment and independent contractor agreements, termination of employment (including redundancy and unlawful termination), employment disputes, investigations, modern awards, work health safety obligations and notifiable incidents. James is a first point of contact to various employers across Australia who are subscribed to LegalVision’s Employment Advisory Service.
James has experience dealing with businesses of all shapes and sizes across a broad range of industries and assists those businesses by providing commercially focused advice which makes Australia’s rather complex industrial laws (almost) understandable.
James’ secondary expertise is in data and privacy where he routinely advises businesses in relation to data handling practices including the development of privacy policies and data protection policies, mandatory breach notification, direct marketing as well as the many obligations under the GDPR.
In his spare time, James is usually at the dog park teaching his Welsh Terrier to fetch (unsuccessfully).
- Top 20 Startups in Australia - 2018 LinkedIn Startups List
- NewLaw Firm of the Year Finalist – 2018 Australian Law Awards
- Law Firm of the Year Finalist – 2018 Australasian Law Awards
- AFR Fast 100 List – 2018 Australian Financial Review
- NewLaw Firm of the Year – 2017 Australian Law Awards
- Customer Service Experience of the Year – 2017 Optus My Business Awards