Buying or selling a business or company, or merging with another business, can be a complex journey. A business sale or purchase will likely involve:
- investigating the risks and liabilities of the target business or company;
- negotiating commercial terms with the other party to the transaction;
- arguing over warranties and indemnities;
- obtaining third-party consents and licences, particularly for intellectual property;
- managing employee entitlements; and
- releasing security interests.
As a result, there are many strategic, commercial and legal issues at play. Additionally, there is usually a lot riding on M&A deals, including people’s jobs and the futures of the business and business owners alike. Hence, a transaction can be an overwhelming experience, with tense negotiations and time sensitivity.
LegalVision’s experienced lawyers provide efficient and cost-effective guidance on every step of the transaction adventure. From negotiating the term sheet, helping you through due diligence, providing advice on structuring, drafting the sale agreement and attending to all the steps needed to complete the transaction, LegalVision makes sure that you’ll close the deal with your rights protected and commercial goals achieved.
We are experts in assisting founders, small-to-medium sized and venture funds across a range of industries to realise their exit or expansion dreams.
We work collaboratively with our client’s tax and commercial advisors, and our strategic M&A assistance is bolstered by specialist legal advice from our internal Employment Law, Property Law and Intellectual Property Law teams.