You are not required to provide any personal information to us. If you do not do so, but it may affect your use of this Site or the products and services offered on the Site.
Collection of personal information
The information that we collect may include:
- dates of birth;
- job titles;
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as postcodes;
- other information relevant to the customisation of a document on the Site;
- information about your business or personal affairs;
- information about your legal needs;
- other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
Use of personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide information, products and services to you;
- to respond to your queries for legal documents, advice and services;
- to provide information to our network of solicitors, barristers and other specialists (each a LegalVision Consultant) for the purposes of assisting you and managing your matter;
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- direct marketing;
- to customise the Site according to your interests; and
- to customise documents according to your business needs.
We may contact you by a variety of measures including by telephone, email, sms or mail.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to clients;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where clients fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to one or more LegalVision Consultants, for the purpose of providing information and services to you;
- to the relevant third party or parties, with our client’s consent, if the matter involves third parties; and
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to this disclosure. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request or otherwise seek to get comfortable that the third party follows the Australian Privacy Principles regarding handling your personal information.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure that information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse information about web page traffic and improve our Site by tailoring it to your needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes only, following which the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
We may also use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us, details below.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you, please email us. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us, details below. We rely in part upon clients advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect so that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to respond to you in writing within 28 days setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
To contact our Privacy Officer, please contact us at:
LV Australia Pty Ltd/ LegalVision Pty Ltd/ LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd
67 Fitzroy Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Last update: 28th October 2014