Mobile app development has soared since the inception of smartphones. Developers of mobile apps must adhere to a number of legal obligations when they publish their app. This article details the essential legal documents that all mobile apps need.
The APP requires all privacy policies to be clear, up to date and easy to locate. They should include information about:
- The type of information that an entity collects and stores;
- How it gathers information and stores it;
- How an individual can access their information or correct it;
- The reasons why the entity collects and stores data;
- How it uses and discloses the information;
- How an individual can complain about a breach of the APP and how the organisation handles such complaints; and
- Whether the organisation discloses the information to foreign recipients. If yes, where these recipients are located.
- The services that the app provides;
- Outline the purpose and conditions attached to using the app;
- Expressly protect all the intellectual property in the app;
- Have an indemnity clause and a provision limiting liability; and
- Have warranty disclaimers limiting your risk if the app does not operate correctly or if a user employs it incorrectly.
LegalVision has drafted mobile app legal documents for a number of developers. Call LegalVision today on 1300 544 755 or fill in the form below.
Was this article helpful?
We appreciate your feedback – your submission has been successfully received.