Company policies give clear advice to a company’s employees on the company’s policies, procedures and expectations of its employees.
Workplace surveillance is permitted by law, provided that the company carrying out the surveillance has policies in place that comply with any applicable legislation.
“Overt” surveillance (being surveillance that is open and not hidden), can only occur if an employee has been given notice of the surveillance. “Covert” (or hidden) surveillance can only occur in limited circumstances where a covert surveillance authority has been issued in accordance with applicable law. At least 14 days prior notice is required for existing employees, unless a company’s employees agree to a shorter period of notice. For new employees, notification must be given before they start work.
Downloading your free legal document is easy. Fill in the required information and your document will be emailed to you instantly.Start now
LegalVision’s LVDox™ Free Workplace Health and Safety Policy sets out:
- Application and Notification;
- Surveillance and Covert Surveillance; and
- Administration of the Policy.
If your employment needs are more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you draft an Employee Handbook which includes:
- a more detailed description of the measures that will be taken in order to resolve the dispute;
- a description of the investigation process by the Disputes and Grievances
- Officer and the steps that may be taken;
- a bullying, discrimination and harassment policy;
- an email use policy;
- an Internet use policy;
- a workplace health and safety policy; and
- a workplace surveillance policy.
You can choose to upgrade your LVDox to a LVDox Pro document. Upgrading your legal document has the following benefits:
- Consultation with a lawyer specialising in your industry
- Review of the legal requirements for your business
- Drafted specifically for your business and industry
- Document reviewed and signed off by a lawyer
- Covered by LegalVision’s professional indemnity insurance
- We provide a fixed-fee service so there are no surprises