A Part-Time Employment Contract is an agreement between an employer company and an employee that sets out the rights and obligations of both parties. You should use this document if you are hiring a casual employee.
This document is a common law employment agreement, and is not applicable for an employee covered by a Fair Work Australia award. For an employee covered by a Fair Work Australia award, please contact us using the form and one of our lawyers will be in touch.Start now
Important policies covered in the LVDox™ Free Employment Contract – Part-Time Non-Award include:
- Position and duties of the employee;
- Terms and conditions of employment;
- Termination of employment;
- Leave; and
- Obligations of the employee.
If your employment needs are more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you draft the following clauses:
- a clause setting out a probation period;
- a clause setting out the confidentiality obligations of employees;
- a cascading non-compete clause;
- a clause setting out the employee’s obligations in the workplace;
- a clause setting out the requirement to comply with business ethics and business systems;
- a clause ensuring the employer retains title to all Intellectual Property created during the employment; and
- a clause setting out the way in which the employee’s employment can be terminated.
You can choose to upgrade your LVDox to a LVDox Pro document. Upgrading your legal document has the following benefits:
- Consultation with a lawyer specialising in your industry
- Review of the legal requirements for your business
- Drafted specifically for your business and industry
- Document reviewed and signed off by a lawyer
- Covered by LegalVision’s professional indemnity insurance
- We provide a fixed-fee service so there are no surprises