A service agreement is an agreement between a company (usually referred to as the “principal”) and a service entity (usually referred to as the “service provider”). The service provider agrees to provide a service to the principal for a fee. The service provider may agree to provide a one-off service for a set fee or continuing services to the principal for a pre-determined length of time for a fee.
Downloading your free legal document is easy. Fill in the required information and your document will be emailed to you instantly.
You will need the following information to generate your document:
- Name of the principal and service provider
- Address of the principal and service provider
- Email of the principal and service provider
- Start and end date of the service
- Service fees
LegalVision’s LVDox™ Free Service Agreement sets out:
- the terms of the relationship;
- the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the service provider and principal; and
- business processes such as payment, fees and invoicing.
The LVDox™ Free Service Agreement is a very basic consultancy agreement. If your service agreement relationship is more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you draft the following clauses:
- an unpaid invoices collection clause;
- a confidentiality clause;
- the ability for the service provider to be paid on commission;
- a subcontracting clause allowing the principal to restrict the ability of the service provider to subcontract the services;
- a sophisticated dispute resolution clause;
- a sophisticated workplace health and safety clause;
- a non-compete clause;
- a provision to protect your intellectual property and to allow the service provider to use it, if required; and
- additional provisions in related to the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the service provider and principal, particularly if agreement has been reached on particular issues.
You can choose to upgrade your LVDox to a LVDox Pro document. Upgrading your legal document has the following benefits:
- Consultation with a lawyer specialising in your industry
- Review of the legal requirements for your business
- Drafted specifically for your business and industry
- Document reviewed and signed off by a lawyer
- Covered by LegalVision’s professional indemnity insurance
- We provide a fixed-fee service so there are no surprises