A contractors agreement is an agreement between a company (usually referred to as the “principal”) and a service entity (usually referred to as the “contractor”). The contractor agrees to provide a service to the principal for a fee. The contractor may agree to provide a one-off service for a set fee or continuing services to the principal for a pre-determined length of time for a fee.
Downloading your free legal document is easy. Fill in the required information and your document will be emailed to you instantly.
You will need the following information to generate your document:
- Name of the principal and contractor
- Address of the principal and contractor
- Email of the principal and contractor
- Start and end date of the contracting period
- Contract fees
- the terms of the contractor relationship;
- the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the contractor and principal; and
- business processes such as payment, fees and invoicing.
The LVDox™ Free Contractors Agreement is a very basic contractor’s agreement. If your contractor relationship is more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you to draft the following clauses:
- an unpaid invoices collection clause;
- a confidentiality clause;
- the ability for the contractor to be paid on commission;
a subcontracting clause allowing the Principal to restrict the ability of the Contractor to subcontract the services;
- a sophisticated dispute resolution clause;
- a sophisticated workplace health and safety clause;
- a non-compete clause;
- a provision to protect your intellectual property and to allow the contractor to use it if required; and
- additional provisions in related to the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the contractor and principal, particularly if an agreement has been reached on particular issues.
You can choose to upgrade your LVDox to a LVDox Pro document. Upgrading your legal document has the following benefits:
- Consultation with a lawyer specialising in your industry
- Review of the legal requirements for your business
- Drafted specifically for your business and industry
- Document reviewed and signed off by a lawyer
- Covered by LegalVision’s professional indemnity insurance
- We provide a fixed-fee service so there are no surprises