A consultancy agreement is an agreement between a company (usually referred to as the “principal”) and a service entity (usually referred to as the “consultant”). The consultant agrees to provide a service to the principal for a fee. The consultant may agree to provide a one-off service for a set fee or continuing services to the principal for a predetermined length of time for a fee.
Downloading your free legal document is easy. Fill in the required information and your document will be emailed to you instantly.
You will need the following information to generate your document:
- Name of the principal and consultant
- Address of the principal and consultant
- Email of the principal and consultant
- Start and end date of the consulting period
- Consulting fees
LegalVision’s LVDox™ Free Consultancy Agreement sets out:
- the terms of the consultant relationship;
- the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the consultant and principal; and
- business processes such as payment, fees and invoicing.
The LVDox™ Free Consultancy Agreement is a very basic consultancy agreement.
If your consultancy relationship is more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you to draft the following clauses:
- an unpaid invoices collection clause;
- a confidentiality clause;
- the ability for the consultant to be paid on commission;
- a subcontracting clause allowing the Principal to restrict the ability of the Consultant to subcontract the services;
- a sophisticated dispute resolution clause;
- a sophisticated workplace health and safety clause;
- a non-compete clause;
- a provision to protect your intellectual property and to allow the consultant to use it if required;
- additional provisions in related to the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the consultant and principal, particularly if an agreement has been reached on particular issues.