An Asset Sale Contract is an agreement between the existing owner of an asset (usually referred to as the “seller” or “vendor”) and a third party that wishes to buy or purchase the asset (usually referred to as the “buyer” or “purchaser”). The asset may be tangible (e.g. equipment or stock) or intangible (e.g. intellectual property (IP) or goodwill of a business).
Downloading your free legal document is easy. Fill in the required information and your document will be emailed to you instantly.
You will need the following information to generate your document:
- Name of the seller and buyer
- Address of the seller and buyer
- Amount of the deposit payable for the asset
- Amount to be paid upon delivery of the asset
LegalVision’s LVDox™ Free Asset Sale Contract sets out:
- details of the asset so that it can be identified;
- the price to be paid and how payment is to be made;
- when the asset is to be delivered; and
- when title and risk pass to the buyer and warranties of the seller.
If your asset sale arrangement is more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you draft the following clauses:
- a payment schedule, allowing payment for the asset to be made over a period of time;
- a range of conditions which must be met before the asset sale can be completed;
- an expanded confidentiality clause; and
- a warranties and indemnities clause which is appropriate for your individual circumstances.
You can choose to upgrade your LVDox to a LVDox Pro document. Upgrading your legal document has the following benefits:
- Consultation with a lawyer specialising in your industry
- Review of the legal requirements for your business
- Drafted specifically for your business and industry
- Document reviewed and signed off by a lawyer
- Covered by LegalVision’s professional indemnity insurance
- We provide a fixed-fee service so there are no surprises