Do You Need Assistance With Your Liquor Licence?

Do you need assistance with your liquor licence? All businesses in Australia are required to a hold a Liquor or Wine Licence if they want to be able to serve alcoholic beverages to customers. For legal assistance setting up your business, LegalVision’s experienced liquor licence lawyers can assist.

Liquor licencing legislation regulating the service of alcohol in Australia is developed independently in each state. Collectively, these laws make it compulsory for pubs, bottle shops, bars and hotels, restaurants, catering services, event management services and even some cafes to hold a valid state liquor licence to operate. Typical licences across each state include:

  • Temporary licenses for one-off events;
  • Licenses limited by scale and scope such as trading hours, specialised product ranges or delivery;
  • Licenses for on-premise consumption or purchasing;
  • Licenses allowing BYO;
  • Licenses for wholesale supply;
  • Licenses setting up hotels, bars, clubs, restaurants, wineries or breweries; or even
  • Licenses for businesses processing internet and mail orders.

If you have any further questions about Liquor Licences across Australia, or would like to get in touch with a specialist lawyer, call us today. You can speak with our legally trained client care team on 1300 544 755.

How it Works

Consulting an experienced lawyer about Liquor Licences is common practice for many Australian business owners to better understand the type of licence required and the process involved. Business owners managing operations across various states must be aware of the high degree of variation between State Liquor Licencing Legislation. Many differ significantly on the types and number of licences available, requirements for these licences, as well as fee structures. You should then seek tailored legal advice from a lawyer familiar with your state’s legislation.

Lawyers from LegalVision have advised and represented numerous businesses across Australia’s hospitality and retail industry, regarding their licence applications. LegalVision’s lawyers are more than happy to guide business owners through the application process, from start to finish. They are also available to assist with a range of other legal issues relating to licencing. This includes responding to complaints and offences, or with legal representation at the Licencing Court.

To have an experienced commercial lawyer advise you on any Liquor Licencing matter, contact LegalVision today. We love hearing from new Australian clients.

Some of our specialist lawyers
Damien Timms
Damien Timms Key Focus:

Business And Commercial, Contracts, Dispute Resolution And Litigation, Information Technology/Online Law, Regulatory


Truman Hoyle (now Bird & Bird), Norton Rose Fulbright, Criterion BI Inc

Private: Catherine Logan Key Focus:

Intellectual Property, Building & Construction, Competition & Consumer, Marketing Law & Privacy, Charities & Not For Profits


Hunt & Hunt, Murphy & Moloney

Lisa Lee Key Focus:

Business And Commercial, Contracts, IP, Information Technology/Online Law, Charitable Fundraising


Children’s Cancer Institute, Arts Law Centre of Australia