- Disputes and Litigation
Amritha is a Senior Lawyer who works across LegalVision’s Franchising and Disputes and Litigation teams. Before joining LegalVision, Amritha was a disputes lawyer at Norton Rose Fulbright, working closely with high profile Australian and international clients, from the financial sector to the infrastructure and mining sector. While at Norton Rose, she gained a deep understanding of commercial litigation issues, advising on a diverse range of complex matters ranging from international coal arbitrations to contractual disputes.
Amritha is passionate about access to justice, having worked as a human rights lawyer with the Refugee Advice and Casework Service (RACS), and interned with the trial judges at the United Nations Khmer Rouge Tribunal in Cambodia. Amritha continues to work closely with the RACS Legal Help for Refugees Clinic as a supervising lawyer. In her current role, Amritha works with franchisees and franchisors, as well as parties on both sides of general commercial disputes to provide practical legal assistance. Amritha prides herself on being able to distil complex legal problems into advice that sets out a client’s options in a practical and easy-to-understand way.
As Head of LegalVision’s Social Ventures team, Amritha works to transform access to pro bono legal services, by developing projects that help organisations do what they do best by using more efficient and innovative systems.
In her free time, Amritha loves exploring new restaurants, travelling and spending time with her rescue Bull Arab Cross, Cashew.
- Innovator of the Year – 2016 Australian Law Awards
- Professional Services Business of the Year – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards
- Boutique Diversity Law Firm of the Year – 2015 Women in Law Awards
- Startup Disruptor and Next Rich Award Finalist – 2016 PwC Aspire Awards
- Client Service and Delivery Award Winner – 2016 InfoTrack Client Centricity Awards
- Innovator of the Year Finalist – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards