Big Law can be a grind – suits, harsh lighting, hierarchy, the touted perk of evening dinners for working late. Partnership is a flickering light at the end of a long tunnel. And honestly, you’re tired of cancelling band rehearsals, soccer matches and friends’ birthdays.
Luckily, there’s another way.
LegalVision is Australia’s fastest growing, tech-driven law firm and we’re changing the way legal services are delivered. We’ve doubled in size over the last 12 months and just raised over $4m of venture capital.
To keep up with rapid growth, we’ve created a new role for a 3-4 PQE Construction Lawyer with solid front end experience to join our Sydney office. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer from a leading private practice firm to accelerate their career and master their craft with two seasoned Practice Leaders.
We have a broad client base, ranging from large multinational clients through to SMEs. This position suits a versatile lawyer, looking to expand their knowledge base and skillset in a fast-paced, friendly and collaborative environment. A top-performer in this role has the opportunity to quickly progress within the team – and enjoy your life at the same time!
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform exceptional legal drafting and advice work for our clients: You’ll be drafting, reviewing and negotiating construction contracts and advising clients on a wide range of disputes.
- Own client relationships and be in charge of building the value of those relationships: You’ll be expected to take ownership, and be the client contact, for a range of construction and general commercial matters.
- Build skills and knowledge outside of your area of expertise. Our legal teams work together across a range of commercial practice areas while maintaining their own specialities.
- Collaborate closely with your Practice Leaders and be part of a fun, fast-paced and supportive team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Quality experience: 3-4 PQE at a recognised firm, working on a broad range of construction matters.
- Startup savvy: Interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; smashes it out, then goes home.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; understands the building and construction industry; cares about growth.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need it; owns their work and is capable of working independently; loves responsibility and working directly with clients.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart, fun and passionate people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and making them happy.
What We Offer
- Work with a purpose: We’re on a mission to transform the way legal services are delivered. Our lawyers collaborate with our tech, marketing and sales teams to craft tailored solutions for corporate, startup and SME clients.
- Take control of your work: If you’re smart, focused and loved by clients you’ll take ownership of work very quickly at LegalVision. You’ll have carriage of your own matters and deal directly with clients.
- Be an expert: We’re the best at what we do, working at the cutting edge of legaltech innovation. You’ll become a specialist in your practice area and a master of NewLaw.
How to Apply
If this opportunity sounds like the ideal next step in your career, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any questions regarding this role or another opportunity with LegalVision, please call Georgie or John on (02) 8074 7424 for a confidential conversation.Apply Now