A subcontractor’s agreement is an agreement between a company (usually referred to as the “contractor”) and a service entity (usually referred to as the “subcontractor”). The subcontractor agrees to provide a service to the contractor for a fee. The subcontractor may agree to provide a one-off service for a set fee or ongoing services to the contractor for a predetermined length of time for a fee.
Downloading your free legal document is easy. Fill in the required information and your document will be emailed to you instantly.
You will need the following information to generate your document:
- Names of contractor and subcontractor
- Addresses of contractor and subcontractors
- Email address of contractor and subcontractor
- Start and end date of the service
LegalVision’s LVDox™ Free Subcontractors Agreement sets out:
- the terms of the subcontractor relationship;
- the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the subcontractor and contractor; and
- business processes such as payment, fees and invoicing.
If your subcontractor relationship is more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you to draft the following clauses:
- an unpaid invoices collection clause;
- a confidentiality clause;
- the ability for the subcontractor to be paid on commission;
- a subcontracting clause allowing the contractor to restrict the ability of the subcontractor to subcontract the services;
- a sophisticated dispute resolution clause;
- a sophisticated workplace health and safety clause;
- a non-compete clause;
- a provision to protect your intellectual property and to allow the subcontractor to use it if required; and
- additional provisions in related to the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the subcontractor and contractor, particularly if an agreement has been reached on particular issues.
You can choose to upgrade your LVDox to a LVDox Pro document. Upgrading your legal document has the following benefits:
- Consultation with a lawyer specialising in your industry
- Review of the legal requirements for your business
- Drafted specifically for your business and industry
- Document reviewed and signed off by a lawyer
- Covered by LegalVision’s professional indemnity insurance
- We provide a fixed-fee service so there are no surprises