A subcontractor’s agreement is an agreement between a company (usually referred to as the “contractor”) and a service entity (usually referred to as the “subcontractor”). The subcontractor agrees to provide a service to the contractor for a fee. The subcontractor may agree to provide a one-off service for a set fee or ongoing services to the contractor for a predetermined length of time for a fee.
You will need the following information to generate your free document:
- Names of contractor and subcontractor
- Addresses of contractor and subcontractors
- Email address of contractor and subcontractor
- Start and end date of the service
LegalVision’s LVDox™ Free Subcontractors Agreement sets out:
- the terms of the subcontractor relationship;
- the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the subcontractor and contractor; and
- business processes such as payment, fees and invoicing.
If your subcontractor relationship is more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you to draft the following clauses:
- an unpaid invoices collection clause;
- a confidentiality clause;
- the ability for the subcontractor to be paid on commission;
- a subcontracting clause allowing the contractor to restrict the ability of the subcontractor to subcontract the services;
- a sophisticated dispute resolution clause;
- a sophisticated workplace health and safety clause;
- a non-compete clause;
- a provision to protect your intellectual property and to allow the subcontractor to use it if required; and
- additional provisions in related to the rights, responsibilities and obligations of the subcontractor and contractor, particularly if an agreement has been reached on particular issues.