LegalVision can help you obtain business innovation and investment visas. Experienced business owners, investors or entrepreneurs may wish to come to Australia to:
- start, take over or be a part of a business; or
- invest in complying, significant investments.
Several temporary and permanent visas are available to those wishing to do so.
This is the most common visa for business owners and investors. It is valid for up to five years with the possibility of extension, depending on the stream. Applicants may apply for permanent residency if they meet all of their visa conditions. Eligibility relies largely on funds the applicant has lawfully acquired and plans to use in Australia (anywhere between $750,000 – $5 million).
The four streams you may be eligible for include the following:
- Business Innovation Stream: this stream is points tested, requires State or Territory nomination, and allows the visa applicant to operate a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor Stream: this stream is also points tested and requires State or Territory nomination. This visa requires the applicant to make a complying significant investment of a minimum of AUD 2.5 million in Australia and maintain business or investment activity in Australia.
- Significant Investor Stream: this stream requires the applicant to invest a minimum of AUD 5 million in Australian, complying investments. These investments must meet specific requirements. Additionally, the applicant must maintain investment activity in Australia. This stream also requires the applicant to receive a nomination from an Australian State or Territory government agency or AUSTRADE.
- Entrepreneur Stream: This stream allows applicants to carry out entrepreneurial activities in Australia. However, they must first receive a nomination from an Australian State or Territory government agency. Furthermore, they may be required to have a funding agreement with a third party to carry out the entrepreneurial activities.
This is the next stage towards permanent residency from the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (Subclass 188) Visa. To be eligible, you must have held one of the above four provisional visa streams and continue to meet specific eligibility requirements.
If you require assistance with business talent and investor visas, LegalVision’s immigration team has the experience and expertise to help you navigate your way through the Australian visa application process quickly and cost-effectively.