- Corporate and Commercial
Ursula is a Practice Leader in LegalVision’s General Commercial team, and also serves as LegalVision’s General Counsel. She has over 15 years’ experience in corporate law and investment banking, including in Asia, the United States and Australia. Ursula has qualifications in New York, Hong Kong and Australia.
Ursula was a director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch and a senior lawyer at Baker & McKenzie advising on private and public company capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial transactions, working closely with management to identify and manage risk and structure transactions effectively.
Ursula uses her experience to assist startups to launch and scale, including advising on structuring, capital raising, shareholders agreements and co-founder and investor negotiations. Ursula also assists online businesses and SMEs with commercial arrangements for launch and growth. She enjoys establishing solid legal foundations for new businesses and is equally adept at managing complex transactions and assisting larger businesses.
Ursula is active in startup and SME communities, including as a member of industry panels, as a presenter, and writing for national business and startup publications.
Ursula is a passionate promoter of women and young entrepreneurs and enjoys lifesaving, yoga and spending time with her family.
My Top Articles
- Innovator of the Year – 2016 Australian Law Awards
- Professional Services Business of the Year – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards
- Boutique Diversity Law Firm of the Year – 2015 Women in Law Awards
- Startup Disruptor and Next Rich Award Finalist – 2016 PwC Aspire Awards
- Client Service and Delivery Award Winner – 2016 InfoTrack Client Centricity Awards
- Innovator of the Year Finalist – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards