Head of Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Regulatory and Compliance
Daniel is a Lawyer in LegalVision’s General Commercial and Startup Law teams. He has a focus on finance and regulatory work, with a particular interest in how these things impact startups. In his time at LegalVision, Daniel has advised a number of businesses on capital raising and developed a cap table spreadsheet for startups.
Before becoming a lawyer Daniel worked as an actuary in the UK for ten years, including with major insurers, consultancy firms and private equity startups. Daniel’s broad base of commercial experience allows him to quickly understand the commercial realities of the legal issues affecting clients. This helps him to provide practical and pragmatic advice in his dealings with clients of all sizes. As well as his maths background, Daniel holds an MBA from IE Business School, a Masters in International Law and is a CFA charterholder.
When not playing with words and numbers, he can be found on the squash court or in theatres and concert halls.
- NewLaw Firm of the Year – 2017 Australian Law Awards
- Customer Service Experience of the Year – 2017 Optus My Business Awards
- Diversity Law Firm of the Year Finalist – 2017 Women in Law Awards
- Employee Program of the Year Finalist – 2017 Australian Law Awards
- Innovator of the Year – 2016 Australian Law Awards
- Professional Services Business of the Year – 2016 Optus My Business Awards