Summary / Bio:
Ursula Hogben is a Practice Leader and General Counsel at LegalVision. Ursula assists startups, small and medium businesses at all stages of their lifecycle.
Ursula uses her 15 years of local and international legal and investment banking expertise to to provide her clients with high-quality, efficient and cost-effective advice and documentation. Ursula makes commercial law straightforward, practical and accessible, with a focus on structuring, launch, online law, contract law and capital raising. She enjoys establishing solid legal foundations for new businesses, and is equally adept at managing complex transactions and assisting larger businesses.
Ursula is active in startup and SME communities as an adviser, speaker, panellist, interviewee and writer, including for the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, the Australian Financial Review and startup publications.
Ursula’s clients benefit from her genuine interest in helping people achieve their business goals. She is a passionate promoter of women and young entrepreneurs. In her spare time, Ursula enjoys lifesaving, yoga and spending time with her family.
- Managing acquisitions and sales of small and large private and public unlisted companies, by asset sale or share sale.
- Drafting, advising on and negotiating a wide range of commercial and information technology contracts.
- Advising directors and management on company law including directors duties, risk and compliance.
- Advising on and managing private investment into private and public unlisted companies.
- Advising on regulatory requirements and drafting legal agreements for many new businesses.
- Experienced General Counsel, Company Secretary and Notary Public, including honorary General Counsel and Company Secretary of the Financial Markets Foundation for Children, a key charity supported by the Reserve Bank of Australia.
Without the help of Ursula and LegalVision, there is no way that we could have launched the site with any kind of confidence. In our case, we’re dealing with copyright law and complex music licensing requirements so it’s always prudent to seek good legal advice. We are very happy with the outcome of the legal documents, most of which are proudly displayed on our website.– Evan Buist, Founder, NeedaJingle
Ursula really listened to what I needed, went above and beyond in ensuring that every aspect was thoroughly researched, and provided the documents ahead of schedule. Even better, she didn’t speak in “legal-ease” and made the entire process fast and easy!– Nicci Richman, Director, Limespring
I am very impressed and satisfied with the quality and efficiency of the services provided by the lawyers at LegalVision. Ursula Hogben and Lachlan McKnight are really "switched-on" and have a wealth of knowledge and experience in corporate, business and online law. I now use LegalVision whenever I want legal advice or solutions.– Fleur Leong, Director at Conquest Business Solutions