- Disputes and Litigation
- Regulatory and Compliance
As the Head of LegalVision’s Growth and Innovation team, Thomas is a lawyer working at the leading edge of a rapidly-changing legal industry.
Thomas joined LegalVision after spending a year as an Associate to Justice Kiefel (now Chief Justice) at the High Court of Australia, the peak court in Australia’s judicial hierarchy. Before that, Thomas was a lawyer in the competition and consumer law group at Allens, one of Australia’s top corporate law firms, and a researcher for the Equity Division of the Supreme Court of New South Wales. Through these experiences, Thomas has developed a strong background in resolving commercial disputes and providing pragmatic advice to clients in relation to regulatory issues – including merger clearances, anti-competitive conduct and ACCC investigations.
In his current role, Thomas leads a team responsible for identifying and implementing innovative models of legal service delivery for large corporates and fast-growing businesses. He works with his clients to design legal solutions that are cost-effective and responsive to commercial needs, while maintaining a high quality of legal support. Thomas’ practice brings together legal expertise, legal consulting and legal technology capabilities.
Thomas is a member of the Legal Technology Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales. He has also published articles in leading legal journals and taught property law at the University of Sydney.
When not lawyering, Tom can be found playing music and football (not at the same time).
My Top Articles
- Innovator of the Year – 2016 Australian Law Awards
- Professional Services Business of the Year – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards
- Boutique Diversity Law Firm of the Year – 2015 Women in Law Awards
- Startup Disruptor and Next Rich Award Finalist – 2016 PwC Aspire Awards
- Client Service and Delivery Award Winner – 2016 InfoTrack Client Centricity Awards
- Innovator of the Year Finalist – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards