- Disputes and Litigation
- Intellectual Property
James is a Senior Lawyer in LegalVision’s Growth and Innovation team. He is responsible for identifying and implementing innovative models of legal service delivery for large corporates and fast-growing businesses. James works alongside LegalVision’s IT developers and specialist legal teams to design end-to-end legal solutions that are efficient and cost-effective while maintaining quality. James draws on over 5 years’ commercial law experience in the design and implementation of these legal process solutions.
Before joining LegalVision James was an Associate in the Intellectual Property team at Allens, one of Australia’s top corporate law firms. He has experience dealing with both general commercial and intellectual property litigation and has acted for clients in proceedings in the Full Federal (appeals) Court, Federal Court, and the Supreme Courts of New South Wales and Victoria. James also has substantial experience in commercial intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on the entertainment, pharmaceutical and consumer electronics industries.
James loves rugby, cricket and track and field, but injuries and lack of talent make him more spectator than participant.
- Innovator of the Year – 2016 Australian Law Awards
- Professional Services Business of the Year – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards
- Boutique Diversity Law Firm of the Year – 2015 Women in Law Awards
- Startup Disruptor and Next Rich Award Finalist – 2016 PwC Aspire Awards
- Client Service and Delivery Award Winner – 2016 InfoTrack Client Centricity Awards
- Innovator of the Year Finalist – 2016 Optus MyBusiness Awards