Summary / Bio:
Damien is a Practice Leader at LegalVision. He has a broad range of commercial law experience.
He has worked in a variety of organizations from a premier international firm to a US based start up. In private practice, Damien has advised global clients and SME’s on general commercial operational issues and dispute resolution. He has advised clients across a number of sectors including IT, energy and resources, entertainment, and international trade and transport.
As he has worked for a US based start up, Damien is acutely aware of the commercial drivers for small and medium sized enterprises. He has a keen interest in technology and is an active member of the Australian startup scene.
- Acting for vendors in negotiating proprietary software licence and services agreements with ASX listed companies.
- Acting for resellers in negotiations for SaaS and reseller agreements with global open source software providers.
- Advising financial services vendors on data sovereignty.
- Advising privacy impact statements for health care providers
- Acting for international companies in drafting and advising on suite of services agreements for installation.
- Advising ASX listed companies on disputes.
- Acting for large resources services client on breach of confidential information matter.