Traditional law has its benefits, but it’s not for everyone – there’s the relentless pressure of billable hours, the disappointment of missing yet another dinner party with friends, and feeling like you never have the time to get out for a bit of exercise.
Luckily there’s another way.
LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology assists our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. We’re a national firm that has serviced more than 8,000 clients. It’s now time for us to raise the bar. That’s where you come in.
The Unmissable Opportunity
We’re looking for a Practice Leader to join our Regulatory and Compliance practice area. Our Regulatory and Compliance team helps businesses stay compliant while achieving their commercial objectives. This role will provide you with the opportunity to closely partner with and make a meaningful impact on Australian businesses.
As a Practice Leader, you will be responsible for providing high-quality legal services to a broad range of clients. You will oversee and sign-off on work from several lawyers, provide guidance on scoping considerations to the Client Care team, and work with our Tech, Marketing and Legal Transformation teams to question the status quo and develop new products and services.
You will also take on a people leadership role, which will involve coaching direct reports and other junior team members, identifying priorities and managing performance outcomes. You will role model a ‘can do’ attitude and actively contribute to the wider LegalVision team.
The Ideal Candidate
This position is ideal for a senior lawyer with broad expertise in corporate/commercial work, ideally within a recognised firm or company. You should have experience in effectively managing people and projects in a fast paced environment. Some key qualities we look for in LegalVisionaries are listed below:
- Experienced: At least 7 years PQE in a reputable legal environment specialising in corporate and commercial law (experience in the regulatory and compliance space will be highly valued).
- Startup savvy: Genuinely interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Efficient: Prioritises and manages effectively; focuses on what matters.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; understands industry; cares about growth.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need it; owns their work; loves responsibility.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and making them happy every time.
We’re open minded as to the location of this role. If you’re the best person for the job, we’ll make it work.
LegalVision is a leading tech-driven law firm experiencing rapid growth, including in the regulatory and compliance space. You will have the opportunity to participate in and promote the development of new technology as applies to this area of the law in an energetic work environment.
Other awesome perks include:
- a fast-paced startup environment where rapid growth is non-negotiable;
- talented and energetic team members, driven towards a shared goal;
- genuine flexible working opportunities;
- annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities;
- volunteering leave; and
- a converted warehouse office in Surry Hills with a rooftop deck and daily catered lunch.
How to Apply
If this role sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
A note to recruiters: We’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!Apply Now