LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology assists our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience.
LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has serviced more than 8,000 businesses, having been awarded NewLaw Firm of the Year at the 2017 Australian Law Awards.
In order to meet growing demand from our clients, we’ve created a new opportunity for a mid-level lawyer to join LegalVision as a Lawyer or Senior Lawyer (depending on your level of experience) in our growing Regulatory and Compliance Practice area.
LegalVision’s Regulatory and Compliance team helps businesses stay compliant, while also achieving their commercial objectives. Adding a new lawyer to the team will help take this successful practice to the next level.
As a lawyer in our Regulation and Compliance team you will be responsible for providing advice to clients on a diverse mix of interesting commercial and regulatory matters, including:
- advising on regulatory compliance across a broad range of industries;
- advising on and drafting terms and conditions for Trade Promotions;
- developing and maintaining relationships with the relevant Industry Regulators;
- advising on consumer contracts, guarantees and warranties; and
- reviewing compliance of marketing and advertising material.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 2-6 years experience from a reputable legal environment, specialising in consumer and commercial law (experience in marketing and trade promotions will be highly valued);
- a friendly demeanour, as this role will be client-facing;
- excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- the ability to step up and take on responsibility for day to day transactions;
- strong drafting skills (e.g. legal documents, as well as articles for our content marketing strategy);
- excellent client service focus and the ability to sell legal services either over the phone or at industry events; and
- the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
You will also exhibit other key qualities we look for in LegalVisionaries:
- Startup savvy: Genuinely interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Efficient: Prioritises and manages effectively; focuses on what matters.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; understands industry; cares about growth.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need it; owns their work; loves responsibility.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and making them happy every time.
LegalVision is a leading tech-driven law firm experiencing rapid growth, including in the regulatory and compliance space. You will have the opportunity to participate in and promote the development of new technology as applies to this field of law in an energetic work environment.
Other awesome perks include:
- a fast-paced startup environment where rapid growth is non-negotiable;
- talented and energetic team members, driven towards a shared goal;
- genuine flexible working opportunities;
- annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities;
- volunteering leave; and
- a converted warehouse office in Surry Hills with a rooftop deck and daily catered lunch.
How to Apply
If this role sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this role or another opportunity with LegalVision, please call Georgie or John on (02) 8074 7424 for a confidential conversation.
A note to recruiters: We’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!Apply Now