- Join one of Australia’s premier startup/capital raising legal teams.
- Meaningfully assist businesses scale up to multibillion dollar valuations.
- Work with top venture capital funds, the fastest growing startups and the brightest, most successful entrepreneurs in the country.
We believe that the effective and efficient delivery of quality legal services in the 21st century requires a different approach. We believe that this different approach requires a new way of thinking.
LegalVision is a market disruptor in the legal services industry. We have an innovative business model, custom-built technology embedded from the ground up, and a client centered approach. These enable our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective legal solution and client experience.
We’re a national firm that has serviced more than 8,000 businesses. We have grown from a team of 2 to well over 100 in just a few years and there is much more to come. Our team is ambitious, skilled and diverse. We have a true startup vibe where ideas are valued and collaboration is critical. Joining LegalVision is accepting that there is a way better to be living as a lawyer, and a better way to be delivering your legal expertise to clients.
We are constantly raising the bar and changing the rules, and that’s where you come in.
The Unmissable Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Lawyer or Practice Leader to join our highly successful startup team within our Corporate practice area. The team advises startups on business structuring, raising capital, the sale and purchase of assets and shares, and much more.
We have worked with an impressive list of startup and venture capital clients at various stages in their lifecycle; from set up to assisting with their seed/Series A/Series B rounds, and beyond. In fact in the last month alone, we assisted either startup or venture capital clients on 4 of Australia’s 7 largest capital raising deals.
This role will allow you to partner with Australia’s leading startups and venture capital funds on multimillion dollar deals to meaningfully impact their growth, while simultaneously guiding that of LegalVision. You will work alongside a team of Australia’s best and most experienced startup lawyers as well as our Client Care, Tech, Marketing and Legal Transformation teams to question the status quo and develop new ways to deliver legal services.
The Ideal Candidate
This position is ideal for a senior lawyer with broad expertise in corporate work, ideally within a recognised firm or company. You should have experience in effectively managing workflows and projects in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced – At least 5 years PQE in a reputable legal environment specialising in corporate law (experience with startups, capital raising and mergers and acquisitions will be highly valued).
- Passionate about growth – Growth is a non-negotiable at LegalVision, you must have a desire to help shape the future of the delivery of legal services.
- Startup savvy – Genuinely interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Efficient – We are constantly finding better ways to deliver services to our clients. We want you to help us constantly strive to deliver services more efficiently.
- Collaborative – Gets a kick out of working with smart people and learning from them.
- Adaptable – Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Optimistic – Loves assisting clients and making them happy every time.
LegalVision is a leading tech-driven law firm experiencing rapid growth. You will have the opportunity to participate in and promote the development of new technology as it applies to this area of the law in an energetic work environment.
Other awesome perks include:
- No Billable hours – ever!
- Flexibility – got a family, hobbies or a side hustle? So do most of us – we offer everyone the flexibility to work how and where it suits you.
- A true startup vibe – ping pong table included.
- Free lunch with the team – every day.
- Fast-paced environment where rapid growth is non-negotiable
- Talented and energetic team members, driven towards a shared goal
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities
- Volunteering leave
How to Apply
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak confidentially with Georgie or John by calling (02) 8074 7424.
A note to recruiters: LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!