- We’re a venture-backed tech startup, disrupting the legal industry
- Come join us as a lawyer, and help grow one of the fastest growing law firms in Australia
- We offer full-time, part-time and flexible working arrangements
Commercial law can be a grind – suits, harsh lighting, hierarchy, the touted perk of evening dinners for working late. Partnership is a flickering light at the end of a long tunnel. And honestly, you’re tired of cancelling band rehearsals, soccer matches and friends’ birthdays. Luckily, there’s another way.
LegalVision is Australia’s fastest growing, tech-driven law firm and we’re changing the way legal services are delivered. We’ve grown rapidly over the last 12 months and just raised over $4m of venture capital. We’re offering lawyers a chance to accelerate their career and master their craft in a truly innovative environment.
At LegalVision, you won’t be a cog in a big engagement; you’ll be running the engagement. Got an interest outside of work? At LegalVision you can explore it at the same time as building a successful legal career. Our team includes documentary producers, startup founders, international sport stars and gigging musicians – and this is just side hustle; they’re all full time LegalVisionaries!
Our staff have the autonomy to control their work and be part of a team driven by a purpose.
What we offer you
- Take control of your work: If you’re smart, focused and loved by clients you’ll take ownership of work very quickly at LegalVision. You’ll have carriage of your own matters and deal directly with clients.
- Work with a purpose: We’re on a mission to transform the way legal services are delivered. Our lawyers collaborate with our tech, marketing and sales teams to craft tailored solutions for corporate, startup and SME clients.
- Be an expert: We’re the best at what we do; working at the cutting edge of legaltech innovation. We act for more funded tech startups than any law firm in Australia, and a wide range of large corporate clients. You’ll become a specialist in your practice area and a master of NewLaw.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Perform exceptional legal drafting and advice work for commercial clients across a range of industries
- Own client relationships and be in charge of building the value of those relationships
- Build skills and knowledge outside of your area of expertise – our legal teams work together across practice areas while maintaining their own specialities
- Collaborate closely with your Practice Leader as well as building your own practice
- Work with our tech, marketing and strategy teams to develop new products and services. For example, our Startup ChatBot is launching soon and was developed by a team of lawyers and developers during our last LV Hackathon
- Support junior lawyers on matters and be responsible for developing their skills
The Ideal Candidate
- Startup savvy – interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw
- Efficient – prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; smashes it out, then goes home
- Commercial – has business acumen; understands industry; cares about growth
- Autonomous – likes help, but doesn’t need it; owns their work; loves responsibility
- Collaborative – gets a kick out of working with smart people and learning from them
- Adaptable – grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day
- Always positive – loves assisting clients and making them happy every time
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with your cover letter addressed to Stephanie Higham, Operations Manager.