- We’re a venture-backed tech startup, disrupting the legal industry
- Join us as a Lawyer in our Sydney office and help transform legal services
- We offer full-time, part-time and genuinely flexible working arrangements
Commercial law can be a grind – suits, harsh lighting, hierarchy, the touted perk of evening dinners for working late. Partnership is a flickering light at the end of a long tunnel. And honestly, you’re tired of cancelling band rehearsals, soccer matches and friends’ birthdays. Luckily, there’s another way.
LegalVision is Australia’s fastest growing, tech-driven law firm and we’re on a mission to transform legal services. We’ve grown rapidly over the last 12 months and offer team members a chance to accelerate their careers and master their craft in a truly innovative environment.
The Unmissable Opportunity
To achieve our mission, we need to build a team of lawyers who will be responsible for client-facing legal transformation projects. That’s where this newly-created role comes into play.
Reporting to the Project Lead, you will play a key role as a lawyer delivering legal transformation projects for large corporates and ASX 200 companies through LegalVision’s ‘managed services’ model (for example, helping to implement the legal elements of a significant business transition project by drafting contracts for document automation).
You will be working at the intersection of the law, legal process and technology to deliver innovative assistance on legal projects. At LegalVision, you won’t be a cog in a big engagement; you’ll have the opportunity to influence the shape of our legal transformation projects.
What We Offer You
- Take control of your work: If you’re switched on, focused and loved by clients you’ll take ownership of work very quickly at LegalVision. You’ll have carriage of your own matters and deal directly with clients.
- Work with a purpose: We’re on a mission to transform the way legal services are delivered. Our Project lawyers collaborate with our tech, marketing and sales teams to craft tailored solutions for large corporate and ASX 200 clients.
- Be an expert: We’re the best at what we do, working at the cutting edge of legaltech innovation. We act for more funded tech startups than any law firm in Australia, and a wide range of large corporate and ASX 200 clients. You’ll refine your legal skills and be a master of NewLaw in no time.
A Day In The Life
- Work as part of a team to deliver legal transformation projects on time, on budget and that well and truly exceed client expectations.
- Perform exceptional legal drafting and advice work for large corporate and ASX 200 clients across a range of industries.
- Close involvement in running client relationships and building the value of those relationships.
- Build skills and knowledge outside of your area of expertise – our legal and project teams work hand in hand while maintaining their own specialities.
- Collaborate closely with your Project Lead as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with our tech, marketing and strategy teams to develop new products and services.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced: Has been a part of a legal team assisting large and small clients in corporate and commercial law.
- Startup savvy: Interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; smashes it out.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; understands industry; cares about growth.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t always need it; owns their work; loves responsibility.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and making them happy every time.
The perks of the job include:
- a fast-paced startup environment where rapid growth is non-negotiable;
- talented and energetic team members, driven towards a shared goal;
- genuine flexible working opportunities;
- annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities;
- volunteering leave; and
- a converted warehouse office in Surry Hills with a rooftop deck and daily catered lunch.
If you’re ready to make your mark on the legal industry, get in touch with us today!
If you have any questions regarding this role or another opportunity with LegalVision, please call Georgie or John on (02) 8074 7424 for a confidential conversation.Apply Now