LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology assists our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has serviced more than 8,000 businesses. The firm was awarded NewLaw Firm of the Year at the 2017 Australian Law Awards.
The Opportunity for an IT Lawyer
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced IT lawyer to join LegalVision as a Lawyer in our growing IT practice area. This team undertakes a vast array of tasks. From assisting individuals who are looking to negotiate their first contract with a developer, to bringing an application to life, or helping an established vendor in a negotiation with the government or a large corporate, we have the experience and strategic nous to get the job done.
As a startup in the legal industry, LegalVision prides itself on being at the forefront of developments in the technology space. Adding a new lawyer to the team will help take this successful practice to the next level.
What You Will Be Doing
- Performing legal drafting and advice work for our clients: You’ll be drafting and negotiating IT Services Agreements, Managed Services Agreements, tender responses, SaaS Agreements, Telecommunications Services Agreements, Development Agreements, Privacy Advices, and e-commerce documents (such as website terms and conditions, privacy policies and more). We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and quick turnaround times, which you will be expected to meet and hopefully exceed.
- Owning client relationships and being in charge of building the value of those relationships: You’ll be expected to take ownership, and be the client contact, for a range of general commercial disputes.
- Building skills and knowledge outside of your area of expertise: Our legal teams work together across a range of commercial practice areas while maintaining their own specialities.
- Collaborating closely with your Practice Leaders and being part of a fun, motivated and supportive team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Quality experience: At least 4 years experience from a reputable legal environment, whether in-house, private practice or both, specialising in IT law.
- Startup savvy: Interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Attentive: Brilliant attention to detail; nothing ever slips through the cracks.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; smashes it out.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; cares about growth.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need too much of it; owns their work and capable of working independently; loves responsibility and working directly with clients.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart, fun and passionate people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and creating an amazing client experience.
LegalVision is a leading tech-driven law firm experiencing rapid growth. You will have the opportunity to participate in and promote the development of new legal technology as it applies to your field of law in an energetic work environment.
Other awesome perks include:
- a fast-paced startup environment where rapid growth is non-negotiable;
- talented and energetic team members, driven towards a shared goal;
- genuine flexible working opportunities;
- annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities;
- volunteering leave; and
- a converted warehouse office in Surry Hills with a rooftop deck and daily catered lunch.
How to Apply
If this sounds like your kind of role, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Alternatively, to speak confidentially about the role or another opportunity with LegalVision, call Georgie or John on (02) 8074 7424.
A note to recruiters: we’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!Apply Now