LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology assists our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has serviced more than 8,000 businesses. The firm was awarded NewLaw Firm of the Year at the 2017 Australian Law Awards.
An exciting opportunity for a mid-level lawyer has come up to join LegalVision as a Lawyer in our growing Franchise Practice area. The team undertakes a vast array of tasks, from preparation of franchise agreements, to litigation within the franchise space, and dealing with general contract and consumer law issues for franchise clients. Every day is different.
Our Franchise Team has assisted hundreds of franchisors and franchisees with their franchise needs. We assist with drafting key documents, leasing, negotiations, intellectual property, disputes and buying and selling a franchise. Adding a new lawyer to the team will help take this successful practice to the next level.
Take a look at this video to learn more about our franchise lawyers and the many ways in which they assist our clients on a daily basis.
The Ideal Candidate
You’re the kind of person who loves to take on stimulating and challenging legal matters. You’ll be responsible for providing advice to clients on a diverse mix of interesting commercial and franchising transactions, including:
- contract and franchise agreement advice;
- potential litigious claims to be pursued or being pursued against franchise clients;
- advice relating to the Franchising Code and Australian Consumer Law;
- providing strategic advice to franchisors and franchisees;
- contract law advice;
- corporate structuring; and
- acquisitions and dispositions of franchising businesses.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- at least 3-4 years experience from a reputable legal environment specialising in consumer and commercial law (experience in franchise disputes will be highly valued);
- litigation experience, or a desire to develop skills as a litigator;
- a friendly demeanour, as this role will be client-facing;
- excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- the ability to step up and take on responsibility for day to day transactions;
- strong drafting skills (eg. franchising/commercial/business law documents, as well as articles for our content marketing strategy);
- excellent client service focus and the ability to sell legal services either over the phone or at industry events; and
- the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
LegalVision is a leading tech-driven law firm experiencing rapid growth, including in the franchising sphere. You will have the opportunity to participate in and promote the development of new technology as applies to this field of law in an energetic work environment.
Other awesome perks include:
- a fast-paced startup environment where rapid growth is non-negotiable;
- talented and energetic team members, driven towards a shared goal;
- genuine flexible working opportunities;
- annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities;
- volunteering leave; and
- a converted warehouse office in Surry Hills with a rooftop deck and daily catered lunch.
How to Apply
If this role sounds like your perfect next move, we’d love to hear from you!
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, to speak confidentially about the role or another opportunity with LegalVision, call Georgie or John on (02) 8074 7424.
A note to recruiters: we’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!Apply Now