Big Law can be a grind – suits, harsh lighting, hierarchy, the touted perk of evening dinners for working late. Partnership is a flickering light at the end of a long tunnel and honestly, you’re tired of cancelling social catch-ups and missing your favourite gigs.
Luckily, there’s another way.
LegalVision is Australia’s fastest growing, tech-driven law firm and we’re changing the way legal services are delivered. Our business is seriously shaking things up and there’s never been a more exciting time to join.
To keep up with rapid growth in our disputes and litigation practice area, we’ve created a new role for a talented and driven 3-4 PQE Disputes Lawyer to join our Melbourne office. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level lawyer from a leading private practice firm to accelerate their career and master their craft with our seasoned Practice Leaders.
We have a broad client base, ranging from large multinational clients through to SMEs. This position suits a versatile lawyer, looking to expand their knowledge base and skill set in a fast-paced, friendly and collaborative environment.
A Day in the Life
- Performing exceptional legal drafting and advice work for our clients: You’ll be drafting court documents and correspondence, reviewing relevant documents and advising clients on a wide range of disputes.
- Owning client relationships and being in charge of building the value of those relationships: You’ll be expected to take ownership, and be the client contact, for a range of general commercial disputes.
- Building skills and knowledge outside of your area of expertise: Our legal teams work together across a range of commercial practice areas while maintaining their own specialities.
- Collaborating closely with your Practice Leaders and being part of a fun, motivated and supportive team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Quality experience: 3-4 PQE experience at a rated mid or top-tier firm, working on a broad range of commercial litigation matters (ideally including IP disputes).
- Startup savvy: Interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; smashes it out, then goes home.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; understands Victorian and Federal court procedure; cares about growth.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need too much of it; owns their work and capable of working independently; loves responsibility and working directly with clients.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart, fun and passionate people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and making them happy every time.
What We Offer
- Work with a purpose: We’re on a mission to transform the way legal services are delivered. Our lawyers collaborate with our tech, marketing and sales teams to craft tailored solutions for corporate, startup and SME clients.
- Take control of your work: If you’re smart, focused and loved by clients you’ll take ownership of work very quickly at LegalVision. You’ll have day-to-day carriage of your own matters and deal directly with clients.
- Be an expert: We’re the best at what we do, working at the cutting edge of legal-tech innovation. You’ll become a specialist in your practice area and a master of NewLaw.
If this role sounds like your perfect next move, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to John Cousins, Talent Acquisition Lead.
If you have any questions regarding this role or another opportunity with LegalVision, please call Georgie or John on (02) 8074 7424 for a confidential conversation.
A note to recruiters: we’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs nor responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!Apply Now