A software licence is an agreement entered into by a software owner (the “licensor”) and another party who wishes to use, but not purchase, the software (the “licensee”).
Downloading your free legal document is easy. Fill in the required information and your document will be emailed to you instantly.
You will need the following information to generate your document:
- Name of licensor and licensee
- Address of licensor and licensee
LegalVision’s LVDox™ Free Software Licence sets out:
- be limited for a specified period (e.g. 12 months) or perpetual (i.e. forever);
- be revocable (i.e. can be withdrawn) or irrevocable (i.e. cannot be withdrawn);
- be exclusive (i.e. only licensed to the licensee) or non-exclusive;
- include a right of sub-licence (i.e. it may be licensed to third parties);
- require the licensee to pay a fee or royalty to the licensor or be free;
- be limited to a specified area (e.g. in Australia) or unlimited (e.g. worldwide); or
- either allow or not allow the licensee to copy, modify, reproduce, reverse engineer or alter the software.
If your Software Licence relationship is more complex, then it’s important that you have a lawyer assist you draft the following clauses:
- a licence which is tailored to the specific needs of your business;
- a set of warranties and representations that are drafted to protect your business;
- a termination clause which favours your interests; and
- a confidentiality clause which will work for your specific situation.
You can choose to upgrade your LVDox to a LVDox Pro document. Upgrading your legal document has the following benefits:
- Consultation with a lawyer specialising in your industry
- Review of the legal requirements for your business
- Drafted specifically for your business and industry
- Document reviewed and signed off by a lawyer
- Covered by LegalVision’s professional indemnity insurance
- We provide a fixed-fee service so there are no surprises